The oil field can be defined as the place where there is a large presence of oil wells intended for extraction of crude oil from the ground, where may reach some oil fields to a few hundred kilometers and the installation of towers to dig wells for the extraction and refining, manufacturing and transportation of oil, 43% of the world’s oil reserves are located in Europe under the surface of the earth. It is estimated that 94% of the world’s oil is concentrated in about 1,500 fields.
The largest field of oil in the world
• Ghawar field is the largest oil fields in the world, which is in Saudi Arabia and the estimated productivity of this field about 60-65% Of the Saudi oil production, or about five million barrels per day (per liter equivalent to 159 liters), and the area of this field about 30 km wide and 280 kilometers in length, and estimated reserves of (70-170) billion barrels, and pumping eight billion barrels of Water to offset pressure for the continued ability to extract oil, But it reached its peak of productivity according to the estimates for 2005 and is now decreasing by about 8% annually.
• Burgan field is located in the State of Kuwait in the south of the Kuwait city and is the second largest oil fields in the world, was discovered in 1938 and the first shipments of oil was exported in 1946 after the Second World War, but this field production decline.
• Qurna Field is located in the southern part of the Republic of Iraq in Basra. It is named after the area in which it is located. It is capable of increasing its production.
• Saffaniya field – Khajri There is a field Safaniyah in Saudi Arabia, the second largest fields in the Kingdom, and production is declining.
• Rumaila Field in Iraq is located in the Basra area. It is a group of oil wells that are actually invested. The field extends from the western part of the Basra area to the north of Kuwait. It is divided into two parts: the first section is called Rumaila North and the second is called Rumaila South, and it has the best and best oil, was exploited in 1970 and the number of wells in the field is 663 wells, but production was reduced because of the war in Iraq.
The world’s largest oil reserves from countries with the largest oil reserves in the world are: Venezuela, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Canada, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, The United Arab Emirates, Russia, Libya, Nigeria, Kazakhstan, United States of America, Republic of China, Qatar, Algeria and Brazil.